If you are interested in our team and mission, please apply to an open position or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlottesville, VA or Remote
Senior Software Engineer – Platform
Bridging the gap between hospital and home is our job at Locus.
Our technology platform enables patients who are getting treatment in a hospital to return home sooner. Our apps and services allow clinicians to monitor patients remotely. Clinicians can communicate with their patients while ensuring their safety and comfort, as well as the family’s peace of mind. Locus creates a meaningful connection between patients and their clinical care teams. We partner with health systems to make care management at home an affordable reality.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Locus, you will have an opportunity to develop features for our web platform and support API integrations with our mobile applications and health system partners. We follow Agile processes and believe in continuous improvement. This position is open to remote candidates, as our engineering team has been working fully distributed for more than two years now.
· Own development of platform features end to end from initial scoping through implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance
· Work closely with product owners, designers and other engineers as part of a cross-functional team
· Contribute to continuous improvement by participating in code reviews, helping to establish engineering best practices and mentorship
· At least 3 years of professional software development experience with Ruby on Rails.
· You have experience building and maintaining web-based software systems at scale using cloud technologies
· You are located and working from a location within the United States
· You have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
· You are proficient with code versioning tools Git and GitHub.
· You are familiar with AWS Cloud architecture.
· You are ready to give feedback to the rest of us and to adjust to feedback from the team.
· You can take a large task and deliver in small iterations.
· You are passionate about creating elegant user experiences and working to improve patient care.
· Experience with VueJS is a plus.
· Healthcare IT experience is a plus
We’re not expecting every candidate to be an expert in every single area – the ideal candidate is strong in a couple key areas and excited about learning and growing in others.
Salary and Benefits:
· Salary based upon experience
· Medical, dental, 401K match, PTO, employer life insurance
· Flexible work hours and environment
· Collaborate with a dedicated and ego-less team
· Challenging and meaningful mission
Submit your Resume